This past year (19-20), STARS conducted 109 activities, devoting over 235 hours of actual event time to reach 8077 students.
The STARS Alliance Program at Florida State University is comprised of several dedicated and hardworking students. These students have a commitment to service, along with local and statewide outreach. This has led them to winning numerous awards, including the Best College Chapter at the STARS Conference, the Totika Spark Award and most recently the Mary B. Coburn Organization of the Year Award. STARS members have promoted CCI to various middle and high school students in the Tallahassee, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Pensacola and Marianna areas.
Along with promoting the college and career paths in these fields, STARS has:
- Judged competitions in the areas of technology and communication.
- Judged leadership, technology and communication workshops at the Florida Technology Student Association Conference.
- Conducted communication, leadership, and career training at the Florida Technology Student Association Leadership Conference
- Mentored K-12 technology clubs around the state.
- Produced videos on the impact of STARS.
- Presented at the Florida Educational Technology Conference (FETC)
- Presented at the Florida Association for Career and Technical Education (FACTE) Conference
- Hosted and provided campus tours to schools from the Panama City, Pensacola, Marianna, Lake City, Wakulla, and Tallahassee areas
- Visited companies to develop job and internship pipelines
- Sent CCI students to attend industry events in NYC, Tampa, and Atlanta
- Sent a group of students to Puerto Rico to engage in an entrepreneurship exchange
- Hosted various companies at FSU
- Hosts an annual Women in Leadership Conference (now in its 6th year)
- Facilitated company visits for our students in Tampa, Ft. Myers, Jacksonville, Orlando and Atlanta